Friday, February 25, 2011

Parting from my very loved collection of books

To keep my bookcase from bulging out or cracking under the weight of so many printed pages, I have a resolution I firmly stick to.

Each year I sell 10% of my books to a second hand bookshop. I don't get much for it, this year a meagre 60 euro for 30 books, but it cleans out space in my closet for interesting new reads.

Although with moving to a new town and another library to scavenge, my book buying frenzy has come to a calmer period, finally, to the relieve of both my husband and my bank account.

Still.. I had to say my goodbye's to books who've made me laugh, frown or cry. So with this I want to pay my final respects for those who will give someone else the joy of reading, they once gave me..

New Moon (Stephenie Meyer)
Sookie Stackhouse 1 to 5 (Charlaine Harris)
Dead at intervals (Jose Saramago)
The Damnation Game (Clive Barker)
Anansi boys (Neil Gaiman)
The Graveyard book (Neil Gaiman)
War of the Worlds (HG Wells)
Alice in Wonderland (Lewis Caroll)
The House on Haunted Hill (Shirley Jackson)

..are among those who have gone to the next plane. It is always a pain to start sifting through my extending collection and these just hadn't that wow-effect. Maybe they'll be just that for the next eager reader..

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment