Thursday, December 5, 2013

Fallen


Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce – he goes out of his way to make that very clear. But she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, Luce has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret...even if it kills her. (www.goodreads.com)



Oh, this was bad. In so many ways.
I'm not going to spend a lot of time on this novel, since I feel I've wasted enough time on it already.
It's a horrible story about a girl whose got in a bit of trouble and is being shipped of towards a reform school. There, instead of dealing with the issues, she's constantly longing for a guy who also attends the school, while she's going along with someone else who shows a bit interest in her.
Life or death depends on whether the guy is paying attention to her.
Such depth (rolling my eyes). All the while I kept reading this, waiting for that inevitable cliff hanger which was so disappointing. Oh yeah, I'm an angel, but if I tell you more you're going to die because you just can't handle the truth. Sorry, but that's just plain lazy.

I realise it's written for a younger audience than myself, but the writing style makes it seem like its written for children under the age of 10 which I don't think are the target audience either.

I had borrowed the next installment (Torment) also, but I don't think I'm going to read it. Only the contents on the back is giving me goosebumps in a very unpleasant manner.

For all those 'Fallen' fans out there. This is my opinion, and only mine. If you don't agree, so be it. I didn't like it, and I'm not going to beat around the bush about it.

Personal rating: 1 star

Check out these other reviews!!!