Thursday, December 26, 2019

Little Fires Everywhere


I added this novel to my 'To Read' pile on Goodreads when it was selected during the Goodreads Choice awards in 2017. I was happy to see it appear in my local library and instantly brought it home with me.

The novel is not quite my usual cup of tea and therefore I might not be the best to review this novel, because I felt it left me lukewarm after I finished it. It never quite drew me into the drama that's entailed in these pages. I won't deny that for people who like reading these kind of novels (and I mean that in the best possible way) this is a very good story.

It starts immediately with what happens in the end and then slowly wraps the story of how it could've happened around the characters beautifully portrayed. I admit that I have met worse characters than the ones in Little Fires Everuwhere but it still felt a bit too twodimensional for me. I didn't really felt a click with anyone and I guess that's why the story didn't deliver what I think the author intended to (at least not in my case).

Going on the score it gets on Goodreads I'm sure there's a vast audience for this novel and I'm glad for it because I do feel that the author has a remarkable talent which (in my opinion) might outgrow this particular genre and move onto something that would one day make it into a 1001-list.


Check out these other reviews!!!