Sunday, August 25, 2019

Lisey's Story


It's the second time I've read this and I'm not sure why I picked it up again.
It's not King's best and not even in my top 20 of favourite books of him, but I got this urge to read it. Somehow I felt myself to be in the exact right mood frame to read this one.

It took me a while to finish it, just because it's very different from other works by King's hand, but I managed through it.

The story is about a woman coming to terms with her husband dead, in the real world but also in a world next to ours where her husband, who had been a writer, went to stay sane and go a little mad at the same time.
As the story progresses we find out more about their lives together and about the cruel past of her husband which made him as he is.
It wouldn't be a King novel without a little madness.

I don't think this novel will be read by me for a third time and I hope to find an eager reader to adopt this book of me, but who knows. Maybe I'll feel like it again in ten years.

Check out these other reviews!!!