Sunday, August 25, 2019

Why mommy drinks


It's been a bit quiet, I know. 
I haven't quit reading, I just haven't found the energy to post reviews about them. 
So I'm going to quickly tell a few words about the novels I've read since The Outsider. 

The first one.. 



Why mommy drinks is a novel about a mom who is fed up with the standards she needs to live up to and she decides to spill her frustrations in a blog and then a novel. It's supposedly based on real lives, although I detect a bit of exaggeration.
The mom in question develops an app, where a mom needs to go through difficult tasks to earn cocktails. She does it on a whim and doesn't think that it will amount to much, and goes on trudging on with her two kiddo's, husband and somewhat crazy inlaws.

When the app is more successful than she thought it would be, she is faced with some difficult questions.

It was an enjoyable read, but I couldn't relate that much. I have a kid myself and while it isn't easy to raise her and I want to pull my hair out from frustration every other day, I don't really react the same way the mom does in this book.

Check out these other reviews!!!