Sunday, November 29, 2020

The Secret of Nightingale Wood

 


I'm cheating. I'm reading children's books now. It's because I don't seem to find the time to spend more quality time with my books, that I'm resorting to easier ones. 

Not that is was lesser in quality because of it. 

This is a very good novel about a subject not so easy to understand for the age it is intended. I had brought it home from the library for my daughter but she wasn't so interested in it. Maybe in a year or so. 

The story revolves around a family who has recently been through a tragedy. A house fire where they lost a family member, a son and a brother. They try to cope with the loss in their own way, but the young girl (Henrietta) is scared that something is wrong with her mother. 

Her father has gone away on a business trip and her mother is taking care of by the local doctor who is a trifle too eager to put her mother locked in her room, sedated by medicine. 
Henrietta seeks the help of a stranger from the woods to find out what's wrong with her mother and help her in any way she can. 

It's very well written, considering that it is a children's book. I recommend it heartily. 

Check out these other reviews!!!